Disability & Inclusion Advice Service (DIAS)
What we do:
- Provide information, advice, guidance and support covering a wide range of inclusion issues including disabilities, medical and mental health conditions and specific learning dificulties.
- Eligible students guidance in applying for DSA's (Disabled Students Allowances)
- Appropriate liaison with Academic Departments relating to on course support
- Wider liason with other areas of Marjon
- Specialist Study Skills tuition
- On-going review of support
Who are we:
Lynda Tout (Inclusion Co-ordinator)
Anne Lewis (Disability Adviser)
- Anne Clark (Student Support Administrator) (maternity cover)
- Tory Adams (Specialist Learning Mentor)
- Sarah Ord-Houghton (Specialist Learning Mentor)
Howard Coakley (Specialist Study Skills Tutor)
- Edward Wood (Specialist Study Skills Tutor)
- Jeremy Cox (Specialist Study Skills Tutor)
- Nadine Jackson-Sargent (Specialist Study Skills Tutor) (maternity cover)
- Karen Griffiths (Specialist Study Skills Tutor) (maternity cover)
Where are we:
Student Support in HDC
For an new appointment with the Disability Adviser please follow this link for guidance on how to book an appointment with Student Support staff.
If you already have one-to-one support with a Learning Mentor or Study Skills tutor, please contact them directly to arrange further sessions.
If you are a new student your Learning Mentor or Study Skills Tutor will be assigned to you by the Disability Adviser. If you have not been assigned a specific member of staff then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
External 01752 636891 / internal extension 2091