Introduction to ITTS and how we can help you.
IT Training & Support
IT Training & Support (ITTS) can provide you with free support and training for IT software related queries. We are conveniently located next to the 24-hour computer room.
How is support provided?
- Drop-in Sessions – come in and see us if you have a problem. Drop-in session times are posted on the website and also displayed on the door. No need to book…just turn up.
- Advertised Training Sessions – these sessions are advertised regularly on the Student Hub and must be booked online
- One-to-one Sessions can be arranged by prior appointment. Contact us to book.
What support is provided?
Training and support is available for:
What’s in it for me?
- Improving your IT skills can improve your productivity!
- If you’re not that familiar with using computers then don’t suffer in silence.
- Why not gain an additional internationally recognised IT qualification, such as the ECDL and ECDL Advanced Certificates? These qualifications will enhance your CV and improve your career prospects, as they are recognised by employers. The training for these accredited awards is also free; you will only have to pay the exam fee for each exam undertaken.
Are there any resources?
- You can find help for IT related issues on Learning Space and the TEL Forum.
- More resources on the use of software can be found on the IT Training section on Learning Space (Go to the Study and Learn tab on the top of the page and select IT Training. You will need to log-in and enrol yourself to this section).
What do students say?
“…Please don’t be afraid to ask for help if you are struggling with the formatting and ICT conventions of an assignment the ICT team will be happy to help you. I am very grateful for all the support, help and advice I have received from them… all the members are very friendly and understanding and I am glad I approached them.” Charlotte
“The IT Training & Support department provided invaluable help, advice and guidance during my time at Uni, particularly when it came to details around formatting and presenting work correctly. The dissertation formatting sessions were amazing, and all the guys in the department are friendly, helpful and patient. Highly recommended” Guy
“The IT Training and Support team were never further than an email away and were always more than willing to go above and beyond to help solve my computer issues!” Hannah
“Attending IT Training and Support classes has given me invaluable skills … which I have been able to apply to my assignments and presentations. I have learnt so many neat tricks for editing and formatting my assignments that make life so much easier and less stressful! I highly recommend going along to these classes - even if you think you are a Microsoft Word wizz, you'll learn something new” Second year student